Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Ugly Duckling - Phase I

The egg is laid: Pianist was all for trying to play the Swan. We tried it this evening and after several attempts, I turned on the metronome. I suspect the reason I was having so much trouble with the rhythm was that the pianist had been playing slower and slower as we were going along.

The egg is hatched: Teacher came to listen to us. After a couple of measures, the pianist was given special attention. After the pianist left, teacher listened to me and had these comments...
My intonation is fine. I need to internalize the song and not count the rhythm while playing. Vibrato needs work. Some notes are very nice, and then there's all the rest. Use a slower vibrato, perhaps vary it a little, go for a louder tone, and don't worry so much about the bowing.

No comments: