Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Quarter Check

Reviewing goals for 2008:
  • Hold off further work on the Swan until I get vibrato down.
    ... Chamber music teacher wants to see me use vibrato. He's happy with my sound and intonation.
  • Work up Allegretto movement from K.564, Mozart Piano Trio for chamber piece.
    .... Haven't looked at it.
  • Work on Bouree (M1) for solo piece.
    .... On and off, my husband says my Swan sounds better than my Bouree at this stage. I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult. Probably the latter :(
  • Memorize Suzuki Bach Minuet accompaniments so I don't have a stand in front of me when playing SMA concerts.
    .... Minuet 1 and 2 are memorized, 3 is still shaky.
  • Start work on Suzuki Book One.
    .... Next solo scheduled: Rigadoon
You might think it strange that I'm working on really hard pieces and really simple pieces. The trouble with the simple ones is they have to be spot on -- like little gems RC says.

No comments: