Sunday, July 29, 2007

Of Tuners and Metronomes

My new Seiko SQ50V metronome arrived. I had ordered the model closest to my old Seiko SQ44 metronome that had the fatal fall last month.

I also ordered a tuner mike which allows me to plug directly into my tuners. This will help eliminate ambient parakeet noise and also help me tune in other noisy environments.

I actually have two tuners. The first one I got 25 years ago -- a Zenon Chromatina SQT-363. It allows you to select a note and either play it or tune to it. Good for droning scale exercises or tuning to an exact note.

Droning is great when one is trying to play a scale in one of those funny keys with too many sharps or flats.

My other tuner is a KORG CA-30. It tells you which note you are attempting to play.

Both are good tools to help keep me honest.

Well I'm off on another cello hiatus. I'm visiting some friends until Saturday.

Boring stats:
M 7/23/07 - Work up "Old Joe Clark" M5. Schroeder 8, G minor scale.
T 7/24/07 - Suzuki III # 2 and 6, Schroeder 8, E flat Major Scale. Bow exercises
W 7/25/07 - Schroeder 9, Upper bow only exercise
R 7/26/07 - No practice - Entertaining out of town relatives
F 7/27/07 - No practice - Entertaining out of town relatives
S 7/28/07 - Weiner 1-4c, Exercises for Thumb, Vibrato, Trill, Bow, Schroeder 10, Scales: E flat major and C minor. Suzuki III # 2, Review M1
U 7/29/07 - Weiner 1-4c, Exercises for Thumb, Vibrato, Trill, Bow, Schroeder 11, Scales: G and E minor. Suzuki III # 2, Review M1-M4. Look for more notes on the Swan.
M 7/30/07 - Mostly just sightreading, seeing how many notes I can find in the Swan and the Brandenburg Concerto #3.

No comments: