Sunday, July 1, 2007

Book Binge II

Been reading lots since my flight home Tuesday. It's gives one a sense of extended vacation, being able to just read, check email, read, blog, read more, eat drink, and read some more. So far, I've consumed:

1) "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel - a narrative about a shipwrecked kid, easy read and fun in a "Big Fish" sort of way. Quite memorable.
2) Michael Crichton's "Time Line" - a sci-fi time travel story with some interesting ideas, plot huhs? with some glimpses of medieval life thrown in to make one feel like they're getting some historical fact along with the fiction.
3) Carl Hiaasen's "Basket Case" - fluff adventure, murder mystery with the usual insider digs at newspaper journalism.
4) A novel about India called "The Hungry Tide" by Amitav Ghosh which my mother-in-law just gave me today which may or may not prove interesting.

I'll probably have to rejoin real life tomorrow.

1 comment:

Guanaco said...

I just finished Life of Pi last week. Interesting book - maybe not as profound as it takes itself to be, but still a good read.