Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Learning to Talk Like Yoda

Anticipating travel in Turkey in October, my husband and I are trying to learn a few Turkish phrases. It's another interesting language. No masculine and feminine to deal with but one has to listen closely to hear the Moo and the Mee syllable which falls in the middle of a phrase to determine if the phrase is a Question or a Negative.

Here's some examples:

turk-che biliyourmoo sehnez.
Turkish Know? You
turk-che bil mee yourum.
Turkish, Know Not, I

Another phrase that will be useful
Ee yehdeal Turkche konishur um
Good Not, Turkish Speak I

2 comments:

cellodonna said...

That sounds like a difficult language. You seem to have a flair for learning new things.

I like the new look of your blog!

MMG said...

It's fun learning new stuff. It's staying on course when the going gets rough that's the hard part. Glad you like the new design. Felt like a fresh coat of paint was in order. Using the color that one of those blog thing quizzes recommended for me.