Monday, July 23, 2007

60 days and Old Joe Clark

Today is the two month mark for my cello studies. I'm counting all days except vacation and sick/injury time. Here's something a little different thanks to Maricello. I decided to make Old Joe Clark a position and shifting study. Issues: intonation and still need to get more wrist into the bowing.



Boring stats:
7/9/07 - 7/16/07 - Review Essential Elements Cello Book I
7/17/07 - Review M1, M2, M3, M4.
7/18/07 - C Am Scale, bow exercises
7/19/07 - bow exercises
7/20/07 - Weiner 1-4a, String crossing exercises, Thumb, Schroeder Exercises 1 to 5. F Major Scale, bow exercises
7/21/07 - Dminor scale. Scroeder #6, Upper Bow only exercise.
7/22/07 - Thumb, try to find more notes for the Swan, Bflat Major Scale, Reading Old Joe Clark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Hat was is cute..
:)

Maricello said...

Good job. I find fiddle tunes excellent for working on positions. Tunes that are easy on the fiddle offer challenges on the cello.