Friday, April 10, 2009

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Doing Again

I thought I had completed all my ATC (art trading cards) for the Drawspace Music/Musical Instruments. Then someone noticed I sent them an extra card.

Huh? My word doc decided to erase one recipient and double up on another. Neither I nor my husband who mailed the envelopes noticed the dupe. Happily, I saved the doc so I was able to sleuth who was left out. So created yet another card tonight which I'll mail out next week. Here's all fifteen cards in digital format.






























5 comments:

gottagopractice said...

I love these. Do you primarily work from photos for your inspiration, or are they pulled from personal experience or the collective unconscious?

MMG said...

I used photos as a reference and then make changes as it suits me to color, background, clothing, hair styles, adding or removing, etc. It's like cooking from a recipe. I can't help but make changes as I go along.

CelloGirl said...

These are beautiful!

Emily said...

Whoa. Wow. At the risk of sounding like an "arty" git, these are really evocative. I have a deck of Tarot cards that I bought because one picture really drew me in just like these. Next time we have a lesson, I will insist on bartering for some of your sketches. :)

Maricello said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous! You really put your heart into these, and the results are beautiful!