Thursday, March 19, 2009

Key Episode

Let me tell you a story.  Today I picked up my hubby from the doctor's office around noon in South Miami. My sister-in-law, Nina, was in town for the week.  She was visiting South Beach close to our home.  We decided to meet up and do all-u-can eat dim sum for lunch.  By the time we drove home from South Miami and Nina drove from South Beach, it would be 12:30 pm. We could all go in one car.  We arrived a few minutes before Nina and I cleaned out the car.  Hubby drove to lunch.  A good time was had by all.  

Then the real fun began.  I'm ready to run off to my afternoon appointments.  Nina's ready to go finish her errands before her plane flight tomorrow.   I can't find my car keys.  Hubby doesn't have them.  Then Nina can't find her rental car keys either.

Huh?  Did both car keys run off together? Did they fall down the same hole in the time/space continuum?  We could understand one of us losing our keys, but both of us?

After lots of looking and retracing my steps, I finally found my keys. They were in the car's trash bag that I had tossed into the public container by the bay.  Happily, the City of Miami hadn't picked up the trash.  I was very lucky.  Nina never did find her rental car key and had to hire a locksmith to make a new one.

2 comments:

Maricello said...

Very strange story. Glad you managed to figure out where your keys had gone before it was too late!

CelloGeek said...

glad you found your keys and your cell phone!