Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 75 Progress Video

Posted attempt at playing the Gavotte attributed to Lully in the Suzuki Cello Book 3 [M6].

Having the usual intonation and bowing issues. Also rhythm control goes haywire when taken off the metronome leash. Constructive criticism always appreciated.

Boring stats
M 8/6 Weiner 1-4a, Trill, Vibrato, work on M6, Schroeder 11, Bowing exercises. A flat and Fm scales.
T 8/7 No practice - done in by the dentist
W 8/8 Review M1-M4, Work on M6, Schroeder 12, D flat and B flat minor scales, Bowing exercises
R 8/9 Thumb exercises, Look for notes on the swan, Work on M6, Schroeder 13, F# and E flat minor scales, bow exercises
F 8/10 Thumb, Trill, Vibrato, work on M6, Schroeder 14, B and G#m scale, bowing exercises
S 8/11 Trill, Work on M6, Schroeder 15, bowing exercises
U 8/12 Work on M6, Schroeder 16, E and C#m scales, bowing exercises

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. I liked that. I don't know the piece so maybe I am talking rubbish, but would a little more 'wellie' in the bowing be in order? It is quite fast, so that would be difficult for me to do, as 'wellie' is what I lack!
(I hope you know what 'wellie' is!)

btw: Your right hand looked good to me!