Monday, August 20, 2007

Class Act

Received my transcript evaluation from TESC. Looks like I might be able to complete the Bachelors Degree by the end of the year. I'm going to try for a Music Major. I just have to take a couple of Music History Classes to fulfill the requirements.

Signed up today for a full time load, although mostly easy courses: Keyboard, Chamber Music (not so easy), Music History I & II, Intro to Psych and Human Growth & Development. The main strain will be that I'll be traveling a bit and will have to miss some class time.

Picked up a used keyboard last Sunday for $40 off craigslist. It's much better than the Casio keyboard I gave away years ago since it has a midi interface and touch response. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a dust cover.

Thanks for the warm wishes and encouragement Rallentando. If only I had kept up with the viola studies back in the 1980's, I'd be really good by now.

My husband lets the love birds walk around my work area -- I'm afraid that they might damage something before I notice and can prevent it! My mother had a cockatiel that chewed up a book before anyone noticed.

This week I'm off to Baltimore to visit my sister-in-law and maybe do some hiking. Then my husband is coming up Labor Day weekend for a stamp show. We'll come back to Miami together.

I don't think I'll be submitting any videos in the near future as I'll be concentrating on classes. I'm hoping to prepare "The Swan" for chamber music class.

No comments: