Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 45

Not too happy with this progress report video from Suzuki Book 2, Bach Musette. I should have spent more time working on it. I found the bowing challenging. On a positive note (pun intended) I think my bowing and tone is pretty good.

My camera battery was ready to die so I have to make do with this "Take 3" video. The first two takes I had to throw out because I stopped in the middle of the piece. However in this version, my 2nd position intonation is terrible and dynamics went out the window (what dynamics??)

Oh well, that's life. Perhaps I'm getting more self-critical now that I've been practicing for a month and a half. Still, this is part of the deal in learning an instrument. Setting a benchmark and trying to meet the challenge. I wanted to post this before I ran away to Russia for two weeks.

I leave at 3pm today. Didn't get a lot of Russian language study done other than the Pimsleur I. My feeling is that a little knowledge of the language of a country one is visiting is better than none. Got a couple of tour guides for St. Petersburg out of the library and there are lots of recommended walks.

More fun later.

2 comments:

gottagopractice said...

I really like the changes you've made in the shape of your bow hand since the last video. Have a great trip.

MMG said...

Thanks. Perhaps that's why the tone is better.