Saturday, June 30, 2007

College Degree?

I've been thinking about trying to get a bachelors degree. I had gotten an AA back in 1976 from the local community college which at that time was only a two year college. Attended the state four year university and hated it. Entered the work world and didn't look back (except for taking some courses for fun). Since I quit my day job (4/15/06) I was thinking on working on the 4 year degree. I enjoy taking classes and now the local community college offers Bachelors Degrees but only in Education.

Tried to register for some Fall courses this week and they will all need overrides as I had taken the prereqs too many years ago.

On a whim, I did some googling and found that Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey is an accredited distance learning college for adults and through credit transfers, life learning credit, testing, etc. one could possible reduce getting a Bachelors to about one year of college courses. This is very appealing although it would cost twice as much as going to the local community college. I figure I should at least look at their propaganda.

1 comment:

Maricello said...

Sounds like a great idea. I love taking classes. Enjoy--Florida tuitions are much lower than Massachusetts tuitions!