Friday, June 13, 2008

The Water's Fine

You'd think that living by the bay in Miami, one would actually visit the water once in a while. Well, we're so sun-phobic here that any hint of sunshine instantly makes one duck for cover.

Today, the overcast drizzly sky inspired me to drive the 5 minutes to where one can actually wade in the water for twenty minutes. Still wore a straw hat to make sure none of that nasty sun stuff got on me. Saw a multitude of small speckled fish, a puffer, a blue crab and a ray. Really should get out more often.

2 comments:

Maricello said...

Oooh, sounds neat. Did you take any photos? I also don't get to the beach much, despite being surrounded by beaches and water.

MMG said...

By the time I spotted the little critters, they were swimming away very rapidly. No time to take a photo :(

I guess we always appreciate the things that don't surround us everyday.

What's really thrilling is seeing manatees. I've only seen them twice in the bay here.