Monday, June 2, 2008

Back in Miami

Last Wednesday, my husband checked himself into the hospital with bad case of prostatitis. Unfortunately, the hospital kept him. I was in Baltimore, none the wiser, except that Earl's mother had been trying to call him all day. Being 92, she decided that something must have happened to him and called me at 11 pm to worry me about him. Another call from her on Thursday at 10 am telling me she was sure he was dead. So I asked a neighbor to check on our apt and was told that no one answered and that the newspaper was still outside our door. Hmmm, that wasn't good. Happily, I thought to ask the neighbor to check our parking space. In the meantime, Earl called me to let me know that he was in the hospital.

Yesterday, a friend picked me up at the airport at 6:30 pm and I raced home to check on all our animals and make sure that they were still all okay. The degus were out of water and the birds were loose in the apartment. The 90 gallon fish tank had one large fish instead of several. There was a large strange moldy alien egg on the kitchen counter which on closer inspection turned out to be a watermelon.

Anyway, off to the hospital and they were ready to discharge Earl to my care. Finally got Earl home by 11 pm and then off to the pharmacy for $300 worth of pills.

Canceled all plans for traveling to NC for the chamber music workshop and visiting friends. Could have been worse, we could have been going to Romania next week. The hospital bill is going to hurt because we have a large deductible with our insurance. Other folks we know are going through even worse this month so counting our blessings.

No comments: