Sunday, April 29, 2007

Looking Ahead

Started looking at second position and thumb. Figure it will take a while to build a thumb callous so might as well start the torture. Not trying to play any notes with the thumb other than the harmonic A and D. Second position actually looks pretty easy, having the 2nd and 4th finger match up to the open strings makes it easy to doublecheck intonation. For all you fellow beginners out there, don't worry I won't get too far ahead. I have several trips that will seriously interfere with practice this summer. One already starts this coming Thursday - Sunday. Been doing heavy bowing work this week. The vids showed my bowing as a major weakness. One comment I received from a suzuki teacher friend was that my bowing hair was going the wrong direction -- away from the bridge instead of towards it.

No comments: