Friday, October 10, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Panic

I'm a firm believer in not worrying as it usually doesn't do any good.

However, hubby and I have developed a new hobby this month -- it's getting checked by doctors for all sorts of stuff. Needless to say, the lab reports have generated more tests for both of us and lots of concern. Hubby has six months of skin therapy coming up and we were resigned to that. However CT scans have come back with more worrying stuff for hubby. Some nastiness maybe with his lungs, gallbladder and kidneys. Huh? All this from a CT Scan that the doc just said he'd do for the heck of it. There's a 66% chance that there's no need for alarm but more tests are needed.

Then my ENT doc says I have some hearing loss on my right ear and wants to do an MRI, but says not to worry as it's probably not a brain tumor. Geez, I wasn't worried until he said that!!!

Oh well, this too shall pass. We've been lucky so far.

2 comments:

gottagopractice said...

Ugh. "For the heck of it" is never a good reason to do a study. Hope all turns out well.

CelloGeek said...

best wishes to both of you - hope all goes well. thanks for the good wishes for my husband's recovery!