Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Celloing via Skype

GGP - This afternoon we tried your experiment. Skyped a friend in another county and hooked in the video. However since Skype is not full duplex, we had to rely on a telephone connection for one side of the audio.

We tried a violin/cello duet experiment. Sound quality was fairly poor on my end as I was hearing the violin through a telephone headset but we did manage to play together despite a slight noticeable audio delay. We just played really slowly.

The video teleconference worked better as a coaching session. I'd play a few measures and then receive advice on how to play them better. I think for the next experiment I'll try to get a 2mm to 3mm adapter for my phone so I can hook it into my speakers and not have to wear a headset.

No comments: