Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seven Things

I just noticed I was tagged for 7 things by Maricello while I was away in Turkey.
Okay - here goes...

1. My first awards in grade school were for art and music. The art teacher displayed my work for a month on the school's bulletin board. I wrote my first short story in grade school and sold 2 copies of it before I gave up the idea as it required me to write out each copy by hand.

2. When I was 15, I was the guitar player for "Sing Out Miami" a local band based on "Up with People"

3. I sang my first "speech" when I had to take "Public Speaking" in college because I had stage fright about speaking in public. I didn't have any qualms about singing in public because I had been doing that since I was a kid. The speech was to the tune of "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" but instead I sang "How do you remember a name like Marisa?"

4. I didn't start learning the violin until age 24. So 24 years later, I'm learning the cello.

5. My first trip abroad was at age 28. I took my mother to Holland to see the tulips in the springtime. I lost my wallet, passport, rental car keys, credit cards etc. to a pickpocket. However, I was lucky and everything was returned to me except for the cash. The pickpocket had been nice enough to leave my stuff at a shopping mall where the police found it.

6. My mother adopted me at age 45, so I have always related better with older people. My husband is 12 years older than me.

7. Tests show I'm right brained, a Meyer Briggs INTJ and a CTMM 138.

1 comment:

Maricello said...

Hi Marisa, Thanks for sharing your seven things! I love the way you solved your fear of speaking in public by singing your speech, and the way you sold copies of your short story. Kids have it so much easier today. :-)