Saturday, November 24, 2007

First Public Performance

Today I had the privilege to accompany a few graduating kids at the Suzuki Music Academy in Davie. I fumbled through a Bach minuet and the Chorus from "Judas Maccabaeus", but I really fell apart during "Deck the Halls" when I was told to move center stage. The limelight was just too bright. Ah well, could have been worse. I'm going back to rehearse again next Saturday as the real xmas concert is December 15th and I'd like to be able to hit more notes, plus it would be nice to memorize my parts so I can play without the score like the rest of the kids.

3 comments:

cellodonna said...

Congratulations on your first performance!

Cellogal said...

Hope you had fun! It should be fun even if it's a bit scarey!
I've got three concerts during the festive season and suspect I'm going to be fed up of playing christmas carols! lol : )

CelloGeek said...

congratulations!