Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sad Times

I see my last post was in November before things really fell apart.  Hubby got quite ill in October and unfortunately, didn't get better.  By February, he was admitted to hospice and went to sleep to never wake up again.  We never did find out what was wrong.  It was a rough five months.

March was busy with memorials and travel.
https://www.facebook.com/EarlGalitzMemorial

April, I officially retired.  No more tax seasons for me.

May found me moving boxes from Miami to Maryland.  Then took a break and went on a camping tour of the Western USA Parks and also visited friends in Arizona.
https://sites.google.com/site/2015bestofthewest/home

So, now I am dialing back the clock to age 20 and exploring hobbies and interests that were neglected during my married life.  It's time to try new things and get out of my comfort zone.

So far have tried, liked, and will continue..

  • Yoga
  • Rock climbing, inside gym and once outside
  • Biking
  • Knitting and crocheting

Have tried but not sure about...

  • Horseback riding
  • Karaoke

Want to try...

  • Kayaking
  • Starting a pop band
  • Creative writing

Need to get back to ...

  • Cello, Violin, Viola, Keyboard, Guitar
  • Hiking
  • Chinese Language Studies
  • Other Language Studies
  • Traveling abroad
  • Drawing, Painting, Photography

Obviously, keeping healthy is the most important thing in life so activities that promote a good diet and exercise should take priority.


Postscript: I had saved these notices from the Peabody concerts we were able to attend October and December. I doubt I'll be going to any more of these in the near future. It's too sad.

No comments: