Saturday, January 12, 2013

Off Games

For winter break Earl and I went to London to see the Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Tate Britain. We arrived on Xmas Day and checked into our B&B and took a nap. Then took a walk to the local 15th century church. It had rained earlier and the stones were wet. Fell down and fractured my right wrist (distal radius). Luckily, ER wasn't busy and they were able to take me right away, admit me and took me to the "theatre" the next day for surgery. At least it was the first day of the vacation and I was in the hospital for Xmas and Boxing Day which were "chill" days anyway in our schedule. The situation was fortuitous for what happened as it didn't affect my ability to fly home as airlines don't like to take people who have had surgery within 3 days of a flight or people who have had surgery below the waist. I had already planned on taking a break from FSU for a term but now had to cancel chamber music class as well. No cello for at least 3 months for me.

No comments: