Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Tiger Year - Happy Valentines Day!

















White tiger, Miami Metro Zoo

Spent the holidays repairing desktop computer - two power outages in a row zapped the video card. Yes, I know I should have had a UPS, but when the last one died I didn't bother to replace it.

Went to a huge Chinese New Year's Eve Party Saturday night which had tons of food, backyard fireworks, and "Karaoke". My first time / attempt at this sport. I made a the lowest score of 22 trying to sing "Under the Boardwalk". Seems I only knew the refrain. I made a decent score of 83 with "When I'm 64". "Raindrops keep Fallin' on my Head" was sung with style and was a crowd pleaser, but the machine only gave me a 66. Of course, I couldn't sing any of the Chinese songs. I only know one folk song and it wasn't available on the DVD.

Sunday, we joined ten friends for a dim sum brunch that lasted from 11am to 3pm. We got a big surprise when a guest of one friend decided to pay for the whole table!

Then we went to Walmart to buy some flowering plants to add to our "dead zone" list. Plants don't live long in our house generally, but we figured that flowering plants would live longer than cut flowers.

I rounded out Valentine's Day by going to sleep at 5 pm and not waking until 7 am!





No comments: