Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bed vs. Cello. The Cello Won.

Ha, I bet you thought this post was about not getting enough sleep due to practicing the cello. Nope, sorry to disappoint you.

Let's start from the beginning. A few months ago, my cello lost the rubber protector on the end pin. The plastic cap just disintegrated away one day.

I have a habit of lying the cello on the bed between practice sessions.
One night my husband was complaining about sharing the bed with the cello. So I picked it up and tossed it back on the bed just to spite (spike?) him.

Not smart. You see, we have an air mattress. Or rather, had an air mattress.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no! There was something in the air. The same day, my Nike "Air" sneaker exploded with a *BAM!*. When I first got this current cello, I had a lesser case, and I too, laid it on the bed. More than once I walked into a darkened bedroom and scared the crap out of myself, thinking there was something in my bed!

How are you? I still recall our brief lesson and wonderful dinner. :)

gottagopractice said...

That is hilarious. Tragic, but hilarious.

MMG said...

Hi Emily. Keeping busy. Not so much cello-ing these days as doing a lot of substitute teaching at the local magnet school.

GGP: I thought it was also funny. Hubby was appalled that I would admit to it on my blog :)