Friday, August 1, 2008

Jazz Concert

Friends took me to a Jazz Concert of "Return to Forever" 25th Reunion of
Al DiMeola
(guitar), Stanley Clark (bass), Chic Corea (keyboard), and Lenny White (drum).

Sad to say, I was probably the only person in the audience who did not know who these guys were. I will be visiting YouTube to find out more about these famous jazz musicians.
-----

31-Jul-08
Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, FL


SET 1
Opening Prayer
Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy
Vulcan Worlds
The Sorceress
Song To The Pharoah Kings

SET 2
No Mystery
Summer Night
The Romantic Warrior

Encores
Duel Of The Jester And The Tyrant


1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, they are huge names, especially among fans of the mid 70s-80s jazz fusion genre. I tend to like their music, played by other people. When I've seen them live, it's like they're getting paid by the note when they solo. One thing I do know is that Chick Corea has a deep understanding and appreciation for classical music as well, and I really like "Spain", a tune he wrote way back when.