Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Must Be Getting Better

My cello-ing must be improving. Received unsolicited compliments on my intonation, tone and loudness during chamber music class last night. I did spend an hour before class working with the metronome for two measures that required playing groups of sixteenth notes. I recently was informed that its better to work with the quarter beat on the metronome. In the past, I had always set the metronome to the smallest increment. So if a passage had sixteenths, I would set the metronome to click on the sixteenths. I was told to not do that.

1 comment:

gottagopractice said...

What's really fun is to set the metronome for fewer and fewer clicks. When you can stay in time with one click per measure you know the subdivisions in your head are very disciplined.