Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Day of School

I didn't even bother studying for today's test in Human Growth and Development as it's all about the middle ages and old-timers. Afterwards celebrated getting an "A" in Music History Class and went out for sushi buffet lunch with a classmate and my husband.

Tonight I finished my long standing web project for a client. He wanted his website upgraded a year ago and I kept putting it off -- afterall the old one was working fine and pulling in lots of hits from google. I've been working on it on and mostly off for the past six months. Changed the site to CMS (Content Management System). I've been moving most of my clients towards this system as it allows me (or permitted users to update) their website from any internet access point.

Final recital tomorrow and then nothing till January 8th when chamber music starts up again. I'm going to start counting my cello practice in weeks instead of days. Makes more sense at this point.

Girlfriend told me her husband is skipping town for a week in mid-January, so I'll go visit her and have a mini-vacation.

My husband's Romanian stamp show in June needed booking. I found a decent hostel for $40 a night private room in the center of Bucharest. Beats paying $140 for the "official hotel". Still have to book the flights. Looks like most require TWO changes. The only ones I see that are ONE change of plane get you into Bucharest at 11pm. That's too late to arrive.

Having lots of fun with my new cellular -- got a USB cable so I could backup my contacts onto my computer and spent a long time looking for software that would work with my phone. Tonight ordered a car charger and headset. The LG Rumor LX260 phone is really nice for CNN news, google docs/maps, weather, email, blogging and photo sending, texting and facebook.

Starting reading "Water for Elephants". My sister-in-law left the book when she was here last month. It's an easy read.

No comments: